Sunday, December 20, 2020

Diagram

 

Taking inspiration from traditional squash blossom necklaces, this is a representation of the jewelry that focuses on how the forms of the necklace bunch together. I designed this as an idea for body paint or other adornment on the chest where the squash blossom would sit. I took into account the structure of the body and how I feel emotion dwells in my own body and how to best represent it using a mostly continuous form. I really enjoyed this idea, so I used a previous work as reference to design another body adornment.


This body ornament represents how warmth feels on my body, especially sunlight. It pools near the center of my chest, pouring down from my shoulders. 

These figures are based off of figures in sand paintings, as well as certain petroglyphs that are more ancient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time & Motion

  The multiple arms imply movement, but it is unclear whether the body is meant to be turning to the left or right, front or back, only that...